Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Wilderlands Encounter Index

So, I'm starting a Rolemaster campaign set in the Wilderlands. Rolemaster has a nice big chart of NPC encounters (Rolemaster Classic Creatures & Treasure 10-03), but I wanted some more detail for my encounters. So I'm going to try and write encounter tables for each kind of NPC, one for each area type (Wilds, Rural, Town, and City). I'm counting all rural and town areas in the Wilderlands as "border" areas. Note, not all NPCs appear in all types of areas.

Here is an index of the NPC types. I'll add links as I write them up.

Locals, working

Locals, playing/relaxing

Locals, traveling

Locals, hauling goods

Local rowdies

Actors/minstrels

Fishermen/hunters

General travelers

Merchants

Messengers

Nobles

Pilgrims

Priests

Refugees

Assayers/tax takers

Constables

Police guards

Police patrol

Militia unit

Soldiers

Scouts/watchers

Military guards

Military patrol

Military unit

Assassins

Bandits

Beggars/cripples

Burglars

Highwaymen

Muggers

Pickpockets

Cutpurses

Raiders

Spies

Thieves

Trackers/searchers

Vigilantes/fanatics

Adventurers

No comments:

Post a Comment