Saturday, September 28, 2024

Character Tokens from Plastic Caps

 


I'm going to start a Rolemaster campaign (as you may know, 2024 is the year of Rolemaster), and I figured it would be nice to have some character tokens to keep track of distance and positioning and stuff. Here's how I made them.

 


I took a sheet of paper, made it wet, and daubed it with acrylics in various colors. (Watercolors probably work even better.) After drying, I flattened it under a heavy book.

 

 

I got some plastic caps and spray painted them black. These are from yogurt packages; I eat yogurt every morning, so I can collect a lot of these over time. 



Using a template slightly smaller than the caps, I made circles on the paper and drew some funny faces. Pencil first, then ink, and black acrylic to fill in the background.

 

 

I cut the portraits out...

 

 

...and glued them inside the caps, on top of the screw ridges.

I'm satisfied with these. Sturdy, looks pretty good, and I can make a lot of them. Bigger caps can make bigger monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment